Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dog at the barbed wire barking at my buzz cut friends and me


Hi. I'm glad you wrote, even if all you seem to ever talk about now is the weather. Which is cool, don't get me wrong, but also incredibly boring considering I just went to my English Course Union meeting and we talked about student politics for an hour and my fingers are still brimming with things to say. I've been thinking: writing is probably the easiest thing in the world for me to do. I know I'm not particularly special/good at it or anything but it really is one of the only things I can sit down and do without thinking about too much. Like today we had to write and in-class composition for French and the prompt was 'I was sitting at my desk doing my homework when all of a sudden I heard something in the wardrobe...' And the story was in my head before I had even finished reading the sentence. Hmmmmm

Anyhoo. My parents called last night to talk about some girl who got murdered around here last week, and how her body was burned so that she couldn't be identified, and was I being careful?? Which was not a good time I guess to bring up the fact that I still wanted to travel to Brazil this summer, possibly alone, maybe with Brett. My Dad was pissed. But then again, he cannot accept the fact that the whole world ISN'T actually trying to kill him and his family, despite popular belief. I don't know when they will figure out that I am All Grown Up, and can actually Get Shit Done.

No comments: