Friday, January 9, 2009

I thought I came in peace, but we silently fought

I’m outside but the music is still loud.
They’re all in black; their neon heads
Light up the night.
I’m not distracted by bright coloured hair
For I see who I know there
In the shadows,
Up against a brick wall.

The only fire we see is the bud of a fag.
THE only fire seen!
Chattering nonchalantly, not at all keen
Casually lift a dark hand; swiftly take a drag.

I don’t join the shadows
Only lucid in the light
But I’m still close enough to be in your sight
I don’t move a muscle while I focus on her
But from both of our peripheral vision…

I am morbid
You don’t talk to me
Relatively stupid,
Still not trust worthy?

The music’s bad so I huddle outside
I talk with a friend
NOT about broken pride
That’s been my theme lately
My hit and my miss
What is this?
Do I invade you viciously,
The same way you creep up on me?

By Zoola

No comments: