Saturday, May 26, 2012

I just want big, clean windows.

Here's a quick catch-up too. I'm glad summer school isn't driving you too crazy, is sabo doing summer school too? Amber would be a cool summer roommate. Who knows, maybe you guys could be included on the scuba thing. Up island here, the sun has been shining and I had the cd release party, plus some family from the great province of Manitoba come up. Of course she came up when my family were having not the easiest time with the money, and of course, like my grandfather, flashed the paper, and bought everything in sight. Making my parents feel like they should repay her. It was weird. But of course her stay was bittersweet,because I haven't seen this woman in at least 12 years, and she was (other then the money aspect) alright to be around.

The cd release party happened with a couple bangs. The day started out with me waking up at 4:30 in the morning, to finish painting this backdrop to be used that the event later that night. I remember how I had this... over-exaggerated force to push myself out of bed, and then, the panic rush of finding a sweater and getting outside as soon as possible to get as much done. It was freezing, and to add to it, that morning I promised c-man that I would call him and talk some things out. So here I was, frozen, hands barely able to move, rushing to get this painting done (or at least something) and yelling at my boyfriend at 5 in the morning. Of course, we worked it out, and I had enough time to have a shower... Which felt good. I then rushed to load the marimbas with jasmine and rob at 830 and we headed off for our first gig of the day in nanaimo at the waterfront. We made money and then more rushing home to gather up the bounty of decorating props to be used at the evening event.

I wish I had photos to show you guys, the decorations turned out great. Twinkle lights, lanterns, a long table down the room with flowers in glass vases. It felt romantic. Like a warm hug that I wanted to stay around forever. But of course, I was tired and more exhausted then anything.  The feelings of romance and warm hugs, soon turned to this slowly over-filling bucked of cold loneliness and just " I really don't want to be here anymore" feeling, filled my body .  It  put a weird damper on the evening, and I can safely say the show we preformed that night, wasn't out best. The night before we played at knox, alongside this choir, and got a standing ovation in the middle of the set. That felt good.

Here now, it's saturday and I woke up early and been slowly puttering. I need a shower though, so that's what I'm going to go do. Keep clean girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments: